In order to add new Colleagues or change End Users on a license, you must be a License Administrator.
Please note before beginning:
- The person you are adding must be available in the Colleagues page of your account profile first. You may add or deactivate colleagues at any time.
- Individual (single user) licenses are allowed one End User at a time, and may be changed once every 30 days.
- Network licenses may have multiple end users and users can be added or changed without limit.
- Changing end users on perpetual (non-subscription) licenses or physical USB dongles only controls who has access to Zemax support resources. It is not required to use the license itself.
- Only those who are listed as End Users of a license may activate a new license or complete a license transfer (This applies to most subscription licenses, does not apply to most perpetual licenses).
Add an End User to a Network license
- From your Zemax account profile page, click Manage or the license number you would like to add the End User to. Verify the product says NET or NETWORK.
- In the license details page, click on Add End User. Click on the magnifying glass to select from your colleagues. The individual will be notified that they were assigned to the license and invited to set up their Zemax account if they do not already have one. The new End User will also have access to Zemax support resources if the license is under support.
- The new End User may download the licensed Zemax software and install it on his/her machine. Next, open Zemax License Manager, select the View License tab and click the Default button next to the license number. They may be prompted to log in with their Zemax account credentials to use it.
TIP: if the new user cannot see the license automatically, be sure they are connected to the same network the license server is. They may also need to input the license server name into their settings. See "Installing on the client machine" section of this article.
Change an End User on a single user license
- From your Zemax account profile page, click Manage or the license number itself to open the license details. You can verify this is a single-user license if you do not see NET or NETWORK in the product description.
- Find the name of the End User you want to remove. Select Remove User. If this option is not available, a message above the license will state the date when the End User may be changed again.
- Click Add End User and select the new End User from your list of colleagues. The individual will be notified that they were assigned to the license. They will also be invited to set up their Zemax account if they have not already.
- If this is a USB license the current end user can hand the key to the new user. If this is a softkey license the original End User can transfer the license to the new one through the Zemax License Manager. See the License transfer instructions for details. The original End User will be sent a transfer code and instructions.
- The new End User may download the licensed Zemax software and install it on his/her machine. If a softkey license, they will use the license transfer code in Zemax License Manager.